Self-Discovery & Exploration
Apr 12, 2011
When is the last time you made time for self-reflection, when you took some time to ask those questions that allow us to explore and discover answers about where you are in your life and what changes you would like to see in your life?
This type of self-reflection can drive us to create an action plan that will help make our desires become a reality in our life. This may feel like work but it can feel like pleasure as well!
Here are some questions to get you started:
- How do you see yourself? Describe yourself in terms of how you see yourself today, right now in your life.
- Name three things of utter importance to you, that starting this week, you would like to add to your life.
- List three things you would like to change in your life, starting this week.
- Where in your life do you get most frustrated, overwhelmed or discouraged?
- Do you think there are specific areas in your life that have “unfinished business” and could use some cleaning up and/or closure and healing?
- Is there an area in your life where you would like to become more competent in and perhaps right now you feel frustrated or disappointed in the lack of competent you have in that area of your life?
- What kinds of things do you do for yourself when you need some voluntary solitude, your alone time?
- If you knew you could not fail and that success was 100% guaranteed, what would your life be like? What would you be doing with your life?
- What skill of yours do you wish you could use more fully?
- What would others say you do well? What do you bring into their lives?
These types of questions can help you take a look at your present life and offer some insight into a more desirable future. True changes happen when we spend time and resources toward developing our minds and spirits, examining our values and letting go of issues that may be holding us back from being our best in life.
Do you feel you are at a point in your life to make some time for creating energy toward fulfilling your desires, intentions and goals? Do you feel it would be valuable for you to manifest these changes? Do you find yourself wanting to try new options and look at new possibilities and discover if your current habitual patterns are benefiting you and moving you toward your goals or if they need realigning?
Perhaps you have had someone in your life at one time who greatly impacted your life by supporting you and encouraging you to reach for your dreams. This person may have been a mentor, a coach, a parent, a best friend and this person made you feel empowered to make your dreams your reality. Perhaps this person helped to forward your growth and learning. This person may still be in your life and you can still seek them out for support. Seeking a Lifestyle Empowerment Coach to work with you to reaffirm and clarify your goals for 30 days, 60 days or 90 days or longer can also be an option.
It is time to discover what big opportunities are out there for your life, both personally and in your professional life that you are not taking advantage of, and begin to utilize them into your life. It is time to unveil any hidden strength or skill you have that you would like to use more of in your life!!